If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Director, Inpatient Operations provides direction, motivation and supervision for all UHealth Inpatient Services while providing oversight of the daily operations. In collaboration with the CMO and CEO, the Director of Inpatient Operations will be responsible to lead the organization into a data driven, team-oriented culture that embraces patient safety and quality as well as continuous improvement. This position ensures the development and implementation of key strategic initiatives for all UTHealth’s Inpatient Services and serves as a strategic leader who is attuned to the ever-changing needs of the healthcare industry.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Standardize the clinical operations of inpatient services so that it is responsive to patient needs and provides a clear and concise process for managing patient encounters
2. Assist in developing the organization structure and operating model, inclusive of actionable KPIs, Metrics, Scorecards and Dashboards
3. Develop the Care Model for physicians’ extenders and mid-levels
4. Act as an operations link between IT and Clinical Leaders to optimize Epic and other interfaced platforms
5. Lead projects and initiate the development and execution of annual strategic goals and objectives, and ensure alignment to these goals
6. Collaborates with all operational functions on strategic initiatives (i.e. Finance, Nursing operations, HR, IT, etc.)
7. Remote management of multiple locations and teams
8. Work cross-functionally and interface with all levels of the organization
9. Identify, define and establish goals and objectives for Inpatient Services regarding growth, patient experience, process improvement, innovation and operations
10. Support the development of KPIs, to measure progress across all locations, set targets and monitor results.
11. Plan for future growth by assessing existing and future health system needs
12. Lead new business development and strategy deployment
13. Develop and execute key processes including detailed work plan/timeline development, gap analysis, analytics design, implementation planning and support
14. Benchmark, develop and implement best practices across all locations
15. Provide solutions for customers’ (internal and external) needs and issue resolution
16. Collaborate with leadership to identify areas of improvement and focus resources to improve overall performance
17. Utilize date, analysis and various metrics to drive continual process improvement and revenue generation
18. Provide analytical reporting on clinical and operational areas to assist with workflow and performance management
19. Lead and develop people by providing a positive work environment through consistently promoting accountability and recognizing superior results
20. Inspire change, motivate people, with consistency and purpose
21. Utilize process improvement methodologies, materials, and methods to match specific organizational needs as outlined by leadership and adapt them to use in the execution of improving operations.
22. Deliver training using multiple mediums – on-site, classroom, webinar, blended learning approaches
23. Establish a culture of continuous improvement and problem solving throughout the organization
24. Assess the effectiveness of training of staff
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
Department Specific Functions
- Lean Certification or ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida’s only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We’re the challenge you’ve been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza (“the flu”) season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Pay Grade: c109