The Director, Operations COE team works in close collaboration with the members of various other COE groups to refine, enhance, redevelop and standardize current operations practices, processes and procedures within our Senior Medical Centers. The incumbent in this role supports and guides market Directors of Operations in driving operations initiatives within JenCare, ChenMed and Dedicated markets. He/She manages a team of direct reports that together drive the successful performance of our centers and positive outcomes of all employees at the centers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces, develops and refines Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Center Operations and other disciplines. Ensures compliance with established standards.
- Establishes and executes benchmark Quality Assurance procedures for the efficient and effective operation of centers. Assists with legal issues as needed.
- Designs, develops and implements ChenMed/JenCare/Dedicated medical center guidelines and protocols and ensures compliance with regards to the overall patient experience. Takes immediate action to execute improvements/changes when necessary.
- Manages escalated operations issues and determines proper issue resolution.
- Builds, implements and oversees operational development strategies.
- Assists corporate and market Sales and Network Teams with implementing strategies established by the Board and/or Executive Leadership.
- Liaises as the operations DET subject matter expert (SME) for all markets and COEs within the organization.
- Constructs, develops and executes key operational strategies to ensure provider, patient, employee and regulatory expectations are met and exceeded.
- Identifies and shares business controls and information across appropriate teams. Assures clear understanding and ownership of key scorecard metrics and measurements, as well as, total quality measures and initiatives.
- Establishes, delivers, manages and maintains the adoption of business controls that allow the organization to quickly identify trends and potential issues to address them in a timely manner.
- Develops and oversees service strategies in coordination with organizational goals and competencies.
- Collaborates with these and other teams/COEs to accomplish the following:
- HR Learning and Development COE: to create training programs that impact operations.
- Market Leaders and Clinical Teams: to refine, enhance and improve overall center operations.
- Sales Teams: to aid and assist with market growth strategies.
- Network Teams, specifically Referrals: to establish, develop and redefine procedures and processes that will enhance referral operations and practices.
- Central Clinical Services and Medications COE: to refine, enhance and improve current process and procedures for medical coding and medication delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High business acumen and acuity
- High personal accountability for achieving results, high energy and strong drive to develop him/herself while learning our business model
- Ability to influence leadership, including fellow directors, to help drive processes, strategies and adherence to proper business protocols
- Ability to analyze data and metrics to create actionable items for leaders to optimize and implement
- Commitment to data-driven evaluation of initiatives and service levels
- Knowledge of DASH, RITS, MITS, HITS, Care Timeline and Workday
- Problem-solving and project management skills; understanding the big picture while being attentive to the details required to successfully implement and execute actionable items
- High level of personal agility; able to focus and deliver quick wins in a manner commensurate with the needs of the moment
- Agile thinker, able to quickly transform and convert opportunities into operational successes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with key organizational stakeholders and influence operational improvements
- Able to effectively leverage business and organizational knowledge within and across functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 25% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor degree in Business or Health Administration, Business Economics or a closely related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ related work experience in an operational effectiveness/efficiency position with progressive advancement to a leadership role required; within a hospital, medical clinic or a similar healthcare environment highly desired
- A minimum of 7 years’ direct managerial experience within a customer/client service environment with strong performance and quality metrics required
- Experience managing a diverse group of expert and experienced professionals, including functional directors strongly desired