If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- Receives medical records, checks for completeness, and files away in appropriate location.
- Uses systems and databases to maintain an accurate and complete record of the location of medical records.
- Prepares deficiency letters and communicates with physicians’ offices when medical records are incomplete.
- Prepares charts with appropriate medical records for clinic visits and to distribute to appropriate staff members upon request.
- Responds to requests for subpoenas and legal requests for mail-outs from attorneys, outside physicians and patients in a timely manner.
- Answer and responds to medical records inquiries in person, via fax, telephone and general medical records e-mail in compliance with hospital requirements. Imports imaging digital studies and documents to the appropriate system at the request of patients, doctors or family members.
- Utilize appropriate system to verify patient information for uploading or creating CD of patient images.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient medical records.
- Complies with the hospital requirements, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, State regulations and works closely with the HIPAA Privacy Office to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- Manage document services with document management vendor.
- Supports the workflow at the counter to receive and process film jacket/CDs requests for the counter and/or ancillary areas via telephone, fax and/or in person.
- Sign-out patient records and/or create temporary and new volumes.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent required
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
Department Specific Functions
- Scanning functions as assigned to include but not limited to prepping, scanning and indexing of documents.
- Search errors as reported by staff/community and makes necessary corrections to ensure filing to correct chart. Ensures completion of errors.
- Assists in all scanning queues. Assists in QA reviews of documents scanned to ensure proper filing.
- Uses UChart to access patient medical records to ensure complete demographics of scanned documents.
- Performs record retrieval as necessary for research of scanned documents.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida’s only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We’re the challenge you’ve been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza (“the flu”) season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Pay Grade: c102
To APPLY, click the TotalHealthJobs link below: