If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Medical Compliance Specialist I, Regulatory is part of the Regulatory Compliance team and promotes healthcare compliance within UHealth/University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Under the direction of the UHealth Compliance Manager (Investigations), the Medical Compliance Specialist I is responsible for the UHealth Compliance intake process, supporting the UHealth Compliance investigation and inquiry process, conducting research and documentation reviews of the UHealth/University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Policies, Rules and Regulations. He/she will contribute to the success of the regulatory compliance program by strategizing analyzing, summarizing and documenting compliance-related UHealth/University of Miami Miller School of Medicine issues, concerns, inquiries, investigations, and policies and procedures. He/she will maintain accurate records of division actions and will document communication with members of the medical community, regulatory entities and any others involved in the medical enterprise.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the inquiry/intake process by faculty and staff and routing them for appropriate review.
- Conduct detailed research and reviews of policies and procedures in support of the UHealth/University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and Regulatory Compliance program, which is assigned and prioritized by the Senior Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Assists and supports the work of the UHealth Compliance Manager (Investigations) in the regulatory arena, specifically focusing on inquiries, intake, investigations, and operational support.
- Assists the Department in furthering the goal of excellence in compliance.
- Identifies and reports general compliance issues that may arise through the work process.
- Reviews technical publications, articles and abstracts to stay abreast of current regulations and trends, and makes suggestions for necessary revisions when appropriate.
- Provides timely and concise audit feedback to Manager.
- Maintains current knowledge of changes in national and local Healthcare Rules and Regulations.
- Represents the UHealth University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in an ethical and professional manner.
- Promotes compliance, best practices and solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (or equivalent education, training and experience).
- Certification in healthcare compliance preferred or equivalent certification.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum one year of experience required. Three years of experience in regulatory compliance and/or in the healthcare field preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of regulatory compliance and be familiar with federal and state healthcare regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of documentation guidelines in an academic medical center preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Detailed oriented person with strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and motivational skills required.
- Ability to work as a team player and to collaborate well with others.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), other web-based applications.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida’s only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We’re the challenge you’ve been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza (“the flu”) season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.