The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Practice Manager to join our team of professionals.
- Oversees the administrative functions of the Mobile Health Clinics for the Department of Humanities, Health and Society, including operations, staff recruitment and performance, budget, facilities management, procurement of medical supplies, pharmaceuticals, business supplies, and clinical and business systems.
- Participates in the planning and development of strategic initiatives for new business, revenue enhancement and cost controls. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget
- Develops billing and collections functions, including review of denial reports and accounts receivable subsidiary ledgers and works closely with third party vendor billing and collections staff.
- Supervises the non-physician staff, including, medical records, scheduling office and collaborates with supervisor for management of the clinical support staff across practice locations. Assists in the development of staff and outcome based performance measures.
- Ensures staff compliance with University policies and regulations, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) policies, managed care organizations, governmental and commercial payers, and regulatory and other agencies and entities governing healthcare delivery including but not limited to Clinical Laboratory Improvement amendments (CLIA), Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Monitors service quality, management of patient flow and process improvement, continuously evaluating the quality of service provided and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures staff participation in required education programs and appropriate orientation and training courses to maintain competency in job skills, knowledge and equipment.
- Maintains inventory levels for medical supplies and pharmaceuticals, and approves administrative expenditures. Performs or ensures the performance of quality control activities including but not limited to sterilizer integrity, radiation badge controls, medication/supply expiration dates and the like.
- Ensures development and implementation of Practice-wide safety and infection control standards across practice locations.
- Participates in the selection, improvement and maintenance of information technologies and development of management reporting systems.
- Ensures that staff adopts and utilizes the electronic health record (EHR) as well as timely completion of medical and business system entries. Ensures confidentiality of patient and business records and compliance with policies and standards, and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Establishes and communicates organizational performance metrics and annual goals.
- Prepares monthly employee work schedule to ensure adequate staffing levels. Monitors employee productivity. Ensures that physician call schedules are completed. Assists in the recruitment of staff.
- Keeps abreast on healthcare industry trends and establishes relationships with industry peers. Monitors changes in the business environment to ensure we remain a market leader.
- Travels between campuses and/or affiliated sites as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Performs essential duties in emergencies such as hurricanes, storms, and/or any other university emergency closing. Is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification from a department administrator.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University in business or healthcare discipline. Must have four (4) years of management experience in a medical office and/or healthcare environment.
Experience in primary care practice with over five physicians in multiple practice sites.
Electronic health record, managed care, and billing experience.
Starting at $60,000
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check